Tuesday, January 18, 2011

18 Jan 2011

Well, first off, before I forget, I believe our p-day next week will be a Monday. Just a big FYI. So, now let's get into this letter. I'm hoping it will be packed with fun-filled action of the past week.
Last week, after emails, Sister Kendell and I went and got pedicures for her and my year marks. Since we didn't do anything for them, we wanted to do something together. And it was awesome! We tried to share the gospel with a Vietnamese Buddist. Very interesting. But, it was fun to try. Maybe we made a difference...who knows! But, we went over the the Englewood building to play with the elders and while we were there, I got my 'trunky call'. The call every missionary gets from the mission office asking them if their parents have moved, if they will have a valid driver's license and temple recommend, where their stake president lives and which airport is closest to their home. Yes, well, it's the dreaded call and I got it last week. I am scheduled to fly home on May 3rd. So that's when I will be coming. I can't believe that I only have 2 1/2 transfers left. Where has all the time gone? It's not supposed to be this close yet. After we started proselyting again, [woah, spelled wrong?] we had this AMAZING appointment with a lady named Juanita. She is the daughter of a member and is awesome! We extended the baptismal commitment to her and she accepted for the 29th of this month! YAY JUANITA!
Wednesday, I had a lovely exchange with Sister Spencer. It was really fun and I just laughed my butt off the whole entire time. She's kind of off the wall sometimes, but we had fun. She reminds me of a young Mary High...haha. You can imagine. But, she was hilarious and we got a lot of work done. It was great!
Thursday, we woke up to everything covered in ice. We had a zone conference up in Selah and we were all supposed to meet there to practice our song. Sister Kendell and I sang with the zone leaders in a lovely rendition of Our Savior's Love. It went really well, but anyways, jumping ahead of myself. We woke up and had to clean the car. Kind of hard when it's covered in ice. So, we try to do our best and then just start driving into town to a car wash. Well, I get the smart idea that since it's icy, I don't want to like slam on my brakes, so I decide to cut through the parking lot. Yeah, bad idea. It's all slanted and so we're over half way through the lot and I'm trying to put on my brakes...and nothing's happening. Yeah, I was just sliding on the ice and we're headed for the snow bank and curb. Sister Spencer's all, oh man, here it comes and we jumped the curb and got stuck. LAME! Because it's soooo slick outside and we can't push ourselves out and ...ahh man. So we call Brother Mitchell to see if he can come help us. But while we were waiting, a group of Mexicans came and pushed us out. I was really grateful for that. So, we get our car washed and the elders call and ask if we can come pick them up. At this point we're soooo late, but if we don't, they won't have a ride. So we go get them. And then we drive to Selah. And as we're driving there, we get stuck behind a semi. In my freshly washed car. UGH! Haha. But, whatever, it was fine and we didn't die, although we were extrememly late. But, better late than never. Zone Conference was AWESOME! Rocked my socks completely off. Loved it! All about the Spirit in conversion. Awesome! But, later that night, we tried to use what we had learned in a lesson with a member and her non member husband. And we had a really good lesson with him. He asked a lot of questions and he's opening up more and more. He believes that the church is true and it feels right to him. We've just got a few things to sort out and he will be golden!
Friday we had dinner with a less active and active his girlfriend. They're younger than both Sister Kendell and I, so it was really weird. But, good. We touched him and it's amazing to see his Spirit wanting to come back. He's becoming converted and it's great! We spent the whole day sinking in the mud, as it's getting warmer and warmer. Yikes! Our shoes were completely dirty and just...reallly muddy. Oh well. Haha, we also stopped at a lady in the ward's house. She's so funny. She lives by herself and the other week when we walked forever, we walked to her house. Well, she came home that night, didn't see any car tracks, but found our note and she just saw two sets of footprints. So she didn't know it was us, but she figured there were some prowlers in the neighborhood. So she calls all her neighbors telling them that there's prowlers and such. And she's freaking out and telling everyone. She finally is on the phone with Bro. Mitchell and he tells her that we walked there and it was us. Haha. So funny to hear that. But, lesson well learned.
Saturday, it was another day where we just walked about 10 miles all over Moxee. We walked and walked and walked. We stopped and some people were home, but it was fun. Really nice day for walking, other than the mud. But, great! It was all worth it at the end when we contacted 3 Mexicans working on a gate. And we shared with them a message about what we teach, gave them pass along cards, and went on our way. One of them called us yesterday, so it was worth walking...especially in the rain. We about died of laughter that night. Sister Kendell and I were soooo exhausted, everything was funny. So, it was great. And we just went to bed laughing. I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard. It felt amazing! I just love her! Oh and the Mitchell also rescued a bird they let us see that night.
On Sunday, it was lots of church, as normal. We found out that we have 666 members in the Terrace Heights ward. Haha. We all thought it was funny in our meeting. But the only scary thing that happened was that one of our investigators had a seizure before church started. So, that was really scary. We had an appointment with her yesterday, and she just looks awful. Oh my gosh. But I'll talk about that more later. We also had this visiting teaching conference that was great! I love the ward we serve in!
Monday...we had a lesson with Heather. But she was just in bad shape. So we called Bishop to come over with one of his counselors and give her a blessing. He's a doctor, too, so it all works out. But we hope she gets better because she has her interview with President Greer on Sunday. We also lost our phone yesterday. We searched and searched Yakima for it and that made us late to most of our appointments. But, such is life and there's a reason for everything.
Well, that's all I have this week! I love you all so much and I'm thankful for all you do for me!
Con amor,
Hna. Pleshek

No comments:

Post a Comment