Thursday, February 4, 2010

3 February 2010

So, this stupid thing makes me have a new email, so here it is. The old one will still work...I guess? But just use this one? I'm not sure how it's all working, but here we are.

My first week in the field=over! Haha. No, it really wasn't that bad...now that I look at it all over again. YIKES. But, I thought I was going to die. And seriously contemplated the thought of coming home. But, it's so great. I love it here. This is real and it's fantastic and I just love every single bit of it. So, my p-days are on Tuesdays now instead of Thursdays. So, that's good. Umm, I just can't think of what I all want to say because I have so much. Okay, so there's lots of things here that are totally different than the MTC. Basically everything. And it was crazy because I got out here and I was like 'WHAT DID I DO in the MTC for the last 10 weeks?" I don't think anything could have prepared me for this. Yeah, nothing did. But, I'm here and fine and good and that's what's important.

My trainer is FANTASTIC!!! I love her. She and I are so much alike so it's really fun. We get a lot done, too. She's teaching me a lot. And we're the only sister in the whole mission that have our own apartment. So I don't know if that's good or bad, but it's whatever. I love it though. We just work well together and everything is a lot smoother than it was in the MTC. Especially with planning and lessons.

Yeah, so I teach lessons. To real people. In Spanish. And it's nuts. We have progressing investigators. And I have zone conference yesterday. So, I'm serving right now in the Pasco zone. But, I live in Kennewick. Hna. Dunoskovic and I cover ALL of Kennewick because Pasco is too dangerous for sisters. And yeah. So I'm serving in Pasco 5th Branch - all in Spanish. I have to teach in 2 weeks and I'm scared out of my mind. BUt it'll be okay. When I got introduced on Sunday, they said 'not only is she White, but she's Green, too'. Of course, I had no idea what they said, so I kind of felt a little stupid when everyone was laughing but Elder Huff and I. It's okay. We're white and new and have NO idea what people are saying 99.9% of the time. But that's alright. It'll come with time.

Umm, let's see...what else? Yeah, not too much. I haven't had to go tracting yet, so that'll be fun when the time comes. I mean, we've door contacted and stuff, but not exactly tracting. By the way, did I mention that it was 43 degrees last night at 8? Yeah...8 at night and it's that warm. I haven't had to use my coat a lot, but I wear it just cause it's nice to be toasty. But I really hope I get to spend all my winters in Kennewick. Apparently this isn't normal though...but still. It beats being under 5 feet of snow.

I don't really have a ton to say. I'm trying to squeeze everything in and I have to leave soon so I can go make some Elders cry by beating them in a game of volleyball. But, oh I need new shoes. I threw the ones you got from...I don't even know where you got them, but I threw those away in the MTC. But my other black ones that I got from Kohls are like falling apart and I'm like Que es eso??? What is that? So, I have to go get new ones.

Oh, I could definitely use recipies. I wasn't sure if I should bring them or not, but send them. Hna. Dunoskovic and I are just going to make food in bulk and eat it til it's gone. Oh joy, eh?? Well, yeah.

Well, I don't know what else I have to say. Many letters to write. And yeah. Oh p.s. Erin I won't be going to Yakima. They don't send sisters there because someone gets shot once a day. So...yeah. But I'll still work on getting you an I love Yakima t-shirt. Haha. Anyways, I know this is short, but I have to go. I love you!! I'm so excited to be a missionary. It's hard work, and it's already going way too fast for my liking. But, it's amazing! And I love doing the Lord's work. He really does bless us when we're obedient. I'll send you letters later.

I love you!
Love,
Hermana Pleshek

No comments:

Post a Comment