Tuesday, May 25, 2010

25 May 2010

Hola Mama.

Glad to hear that it has been hot and humid by you and not by us. Haha. But, we are getting rain...and lots of it. Surprise, surprise. Last p-day, we went fishing and it just DOWNPOURED on us. Luckily, the Hibbards had raincoats they sent us out with and we survived. Of course, it's just a little rain, but still. We just sat there with our poles in the water, rain just bucketing down on us. It was so much fun and we all enjoyed it. Elder Montoya said it was the best p-day he had had on his mission. Elder Arnold and he thanked us profusely for showing them the pond and knowing the members that would let us fish. It was so funny. They're hilarious and I'm glad they're in Vancouver with me. We all caught some fish, too. Each of us caught 1, but Montoya caught 4. Arnold's fish was the funniest. We all caught our fish within the first hour or so. And we really wanted Arnold to catch a fish before we left. He tried and tried. Poor guy, wasn't even getting a bite. Well, he did catch the ground. And then a tree. And a stick. But no fish. And he's using this little girl Hannah Montana fishing pole...so hilarious. Finally, he gets a bite and you can tell it's a big fish. It's fighting and fighting and we're all like sitting in suspense because it's dragging the line from one end of the pond to the other. Finally, he starts reeling it in and I swear, that pole is going to break. But with the help of Montoya [the fishing expert], they get the fish out of the water and it is the biggest catch of the day. Both elders were SO happy and oh man, it was just worth it to sit out there all day in the downpour to see the smiles on those faces. We're so glad we went. We cooked the fish on Saturday and ate them for lunch. Yeah, even me - the fish hater, partook of those rainbow trout and it wasn't too bad. It was pretty good for fish. But, that was our p-day last week.
Looks like you've got some excitement going on with your track team. Not only with all those that qualified for sectionals but the kissing games. That's GROSS! Oh man, I would have smacked those kids. Eww, who in their right mind thinks that's okay? Gross. Well, gjkl;aegjdakl;twdjag;klwejaf that's soo nasty! But who do you think will all be making it to state?

Aww, the Barrets. Haha, funny story. So, this is while I'm still in Kennewick and it's at the end of the transfer and I call President Belnap to see what pair of sisters I'm going with when Sister Garcia goes home. So, I call and ask him and we talk for a little bit and right as I'm hanging up, I go 'Thanks President Barrett' and I just started laughing and was like 'Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry President Belnap'. He just laughed too, but I did feel a little ridiculous about it all. Good story, though. But, I'm sad that they're leaving. Definitely a family I'm going to have to go see when I make my next trip out to Utah...who knows when that'll be. But, one day. We've been assured by President Belnap that the transition between him and the Greers will be absolutely flawless. So, I'll let you know. I'm sure it won't affect me too much, seeing as I'll still be over here in Vancouver, doing missionary work and won't really see the results until President Greer meets with all the zones in the mission. I'm grateful for President Belnap and his inspired leadership. He's a great mission president and I couldn't have asked for a better one to start my mission with.

Aww. All those kids are growing up so fast. I can't believe it. Well, I can, but it just seems so surreal to me. It's funny because I don't really know how I would act around the kids anymore. I mean, I know that I'll love them and want to hold them, but I'm not quite sure just how to act. I don't have to worry about that for a while yet, but it just blows my mind that I have a relationship with those kids. Well, Cami at least. But, it's crazy. They're so stinkin' cute. Clare emailed me some pictures. But, yeah. I'm looking forward to seeing them again. Sure do miss 'em.
Oooo, P-a with the big changing. I'm sure it can only help improve the Mill. Haha. And the GPS...that's whack.
Things are going well here. Transfer calls are coming on Saturday and I'm kind of nervous, once again, because this transfer affects me, just like these last 3 have. I know I'm getting a new companion, but I also know that I'm staying in Vancouver. I'm taking over the area, and by the sounds of it, I'm being the senior companion. As of yesterday, I officially started driving because Hna. Dunoskovic and President Belnap think it's a good idea to get to know the area. So thus, since last night, I've officially become the driver and am driving in Vancouver. It's scary, but you know what, it's going to happen eventually.
Well, my testimony only continues to be strengthened as I know I'm doing the Lord's work and He will take care of me. I love this gospel and I love being a missionary. There is no greater calling for me right now and I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to be. I love you all and I'm so grateful familias pueden ser eternas!
Con todo de mi amor,
Hna. Pleshek

No comments:

Post a Comment