Tuesday, June 1, 2010

31 May 2010

Hi Mom!
I don't have a huge amount of time today and I'm not feeling super well, so this is probably going to be a short email. Sorry. Hopefully next week I'll have more time.
So, once again, I said goodbye to my 'mom' and sent her off on a van to the opposite side of the mission. There were lots of tears, hugs, and I love you's all going around. But, you know, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. And so here's what I got going on for this transfer. I'm going to be greenie-busting Hna. Kendall. She's a transfer younger than I am, so we're going to be two little baby missionaries out here in Vancouver doing the Lord's work. It'll be fun - I'm excited to work with her and learn and grow a lot this transfer.
Let's see...what else. Well, I got food poisoning last night. At least that's what I think it was. I'm not sure. But I was up all night last night puking and doing all sorts of good stuff. Yeah, it sucked. And I'm still feeling poopy, but I sure do feel a heck of a lot better than I did last night.
Yeah, I know Hna. Lippard. I'm in a trio right now with her and Sister Neff. She wasn't at Spanish Conference, so you don't have a picture of her. But that's so funny. What a small world.
So here's another story that's a small world. There's this girl in the Van West stake and her name is Sara and she's 13 years old and has terminal cancer. I think it's cancer of the nervous system. Anyways, it's sad because she's only 13. Anyways, during Stake Conference, one of the members of the presidency was giving a talk and talking about these t-shirts that say 'Love the life you live' and how she was selling them and just all this stuff. It was a good talk, but Hna. Dunoskovic and I wanted some, so we contacted this girl and went over to her house. She's selling the shirts so that she can go to places. She's already been to NYC with the sales and who knows what's next. Anyways, we were talking to her dad and he was telling us how he served his mission in California San Bernadino. And I freaked out and was like 'No way! That's where my dad served'. And he asked me when and I told him 80-82? I don't know if that's right - just a guess. But he was like yeah! I totally remember Elder Pleshek. So it was pretty funny and I told him to look Dad up on facebook. But, Elder Turley remembers you, Dad. Funny stuff.
But other than that, everything is going good. I don't have anymore time left, but I love you all and know that everything is going well here! Thanks for your support and all that you do for me. The Lord's work is great and I absolutely love being a missionary!
Con todo de mi amor,
Hna. Pleshek

No comments:

Post a Comment