Tuesday, June 22, 2010

22 Jun 2010

Querido Familia!
Wow, I have so many things to say in such little time. I hope that it all comes out the way I'd like it too. There's just so much. It's been a fantastic/weird/crazy/bad/productive week and wow. Yeah, so let's get started. I don't even all know what really happened this week. That's the kicker. I never really remember what all happens, but somehow, I always manage to find things to say.
So, our half mission zone conference was AMAZING! It was President and Sister Belnap's last chance to drill the marriage/family message into our heads. Everyone talked about it except for the Assistants. But the conference was awesome and I learned so much. Poor Hna. Kendell. She has to deal with my random outbursts of 'I'm too young to get married' and 'I can't get married yet' and all sorts of stuff like that. Haha, but you know, that's me. We also had this big thing during the Conference about the Dance Festival that's on Friday and Saturday. Almost 2,000 youth from this half of the mission are going to be doing the festival and we as missionaries - all the missionaries on the western half of the mission - get to participate in it! Oh man, so stoked! We have this amazing part in the programs. Like reciting the Standard of Truth and just singing and marching out. Oh man, it's going to be so legit! And for the YC portion of it. Oh man, that made us all bawl. So, what's going to happen is Captain Moroni is going to come out with his Title of Liberty and then Helaman is going to come out and stand by him. They're going to talk about how they need armies. A bunch of YM are going to come out. And then they'll talk about how they need an even stronger army. A bunch of YW will come out carrying all the YW colors. And then they'll say they need an even stronger army. And all of us missionaries will come out. We'll do our part and then we'll go into the bleachers where all the youth are and sing Army of Helaman. Oh it's going to be great! The Conference was so good! But pretty sure I was in tears when I left. All the of the mission presidency got in a line and we hugged and shook all their hands. By the time I got to the Belnaps, I was holding it together. Then I shook President's hand and the tears started flowing. And then, oh man. I lost it when I got to Sister Belnap. Especially when she told me 'You're doing so well. Keep going - you have SO many more miracles to work over here.' Oh man, I lost it. But, I'm going to miss them more than I can say!
Sounds like things are all exciting at home. With Andrew and his hair and B and all his talking. Man, there are sometimes I just wish I could be a fly on the wall. But, I sure do love my mission. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'd do this over and over and over again in a heartbeat. I've learned so much this week, I wish I could begin to list all the things. I've learned about my Heavenly Father's love. Every day, I learn more about it and how He's here. He's here for us. And I always knew that. But now, it's becoming more and more real for me. Especially after Zone Conference. I'm also learning more and more about my relationship with Dad. It's amazing how things all connect and especially since this last Sunday was Father's Day, it was really hard for me to be away from home on Sunday. But, it's life.
We went to the temple today. A lady in the Salmon Creek ward took us down to Portland and we all went as a zone. Except my district. We all went as a district since we got there early and went to the 7 a.m. session. Yeah, but, it was AMAZING! It was the best session I've had in the temple yet. Not only did the session go really fast, but I also was looking at it from a different perspective. And not only that, but I was so peaceful and calm. I've never felt that calm in the temple. And as I sat in the Celestial room today, I was reading in Ether 3 about the Brother of Jared. And then as I was praying...I can't even describe it. I just, it was so relaxing just to sit up there. As I got done, I was just looking around and Hna. Kendell and I were sitting on the couch. I had a spot open next to me and I could just feel Nana there. She was just sitting there, watching me. Making sure I was okay. And then Hna. Kendell leaned her head on my should and we just sat there. And I knew Nana was there. Sitting next to me on the couch, watching my companion and I. It was the most amazing feeling. I don't think I've ever felt her so strong since she's died. Even know, I just can feel it inside of me. I know that she's helping me out here. She's aware of me and she loves me. And I know it. She wants me to be happy and gall, here I am, sitting at my computer, crying. Haha. But, it was a really special day in the temple for me. So, I love you all. And I'm out of time. But, I just wanted to share a little bit of my week with you. I hope that everything at home is going well. Know that I pray for you all the time. I'm so lucky to have a family whose foundation is that of the Lord. I'm blessed beyond imagination! Love you!
Con mucho, mucho amor, como siempre,
Hna. Pleshek

No comments:

Post a Comment