Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 21, 2010

Sounds like you've had an exciting week!!! I am just getting home from the temple - my last session while I'm a missionary in the Provo temple. It was great, though. I had a blast there. It's just so nice to go and relax. And I got all the names done today, too. I had one more woman name left and that I finished up today. WOOHOO! So I'll be sending those out this week before I go.
Oh okay, so I don't really wear a skirt and a jumper that I have, so would you want me to send them home or just put them in the giveaway box? I'm filtering through all my stuff the rest of this week because I'm just getting rid of the things that I don't need or won't use at all. So, I've been thinking a lot about Brett this week and it's nuts. I just have these weeks sometimes where it's like okay, it's a Brett week where I just go back over and over and try to remember why I'm on a mission. It would have been so easy for us to just get married and I realized when I got here in November that I wasn't over him and ahh, it's hard. So, I just have to remember my purpose in being here and that it's my job to invite others to come unto Christ. And if it's really supposed to go somewhere with Brett, he'll be there when I get home. It makes me kind of sad though. I've written him since I've been here, but I haven't heard back. But you know what, if it's too hard, I don't blame him for not writing.
Well, it's down to the wire here and I'm freaking out. My Spanish is coming along and I'm taking a HUGE advantage of the tutors and such that I have. They're helping me a lot, but some concepts like subjunctive clauses take me like 20 minutes to figure out on paper. I won't be able to do that in a lesson. But, it'll come with time. I'm not worried. I know the Lord provides a way.But, I feel like the MTC and I are breaking up. But that he's breaking up with me. And I don't like that very much. It's going to be a slap in the face when I get into the field. I've come to love my district so much! They're my family here and even though some of them are coming to Washington with me, it won't be the same. And it makes me really sad. But you know what? I can do this. I can be tough and just make the most of this. Blast this MTC. They make you all close to people and then send them away. Dang it all!
Well, at least until I go out west to school again. I feel like even though I don't have definite plans yet for school yet, I know what I want to do and where I want to go. E. Huff and I were talking about that the other day. It was really good to be like 'hey! I know what I want to do.'
Oh, I finally did see Amy Mann, too the other day. And Kap!! It was on Tuesday that I saw Kap. I was like OH MY GOSH! Really funny though. He's such a goofball, I love it. Still great. It was so great to see him, though. I was like I've been looking for you ever since I got here in November and now I'm leaving in a week and I see you! I also saw some girl I went to EFY with. She made my wrap for me the other day. And I saw Kori yesterday, too. She was lost, so I helped her find her classroom. But she and I are on the same floor just a couple doors down, so we'll probably be seeing each other often.

Oh man, I just love it here. I'm so sad to leave, but bigger and better things are ahead of me. I'll try and send out my memory stick again and you can pick which picture you want. But, it'll be good.Oh, for boots. Umm, 10 and black? I don't know. Sounds good to me. Boots are good. And I'll probably have to be getting some new shoes sometime soon. I'm getting rid of those 9 1/2 shoes because they stink and they hurt my feet really bad. But other than that.

Oh man, so my chest area and shoulder blades KILL me right now. I played volleyball the other day for the whole gym period. I haven't done that in a while since I'm pretty legit at 4 Square now, too. But, I played and I dominated and now I'm all sore. Boo. But I've earned the nickname Hermana Death Serve. So...haha. People think I played professionally. It's funny. But whatever, I'll let them think that.

Oh, so I got my flight plans and I leave from the MTC Tuesday morning at 8 a.m. I'll be at the airport by 9-ish and then I'm hoping to call sometime around then?? After I get all checked in, in through security, etc. My flight leaves at around 11. So, I'm definitely planning to call. I've got my calling card and everything [$3 for 500 minutes - WOAH!], so I'm pretty stoked! Umm, yeah, I think that's about all I have for now.
I love you! I'm excited to go to the field, but freaking out too. But you know what? The Lord will take care of me cause He's a good guy like that. I'm in His service and His hands and that's good enough for me. Oh, we're singing I Need Thee Every Hour as a district on Sunday since it's our last week and it's going to ROCK!!! I love it! Alright, but my time is almost up. Ask Erin is she wants to write that guy in my district and have her dearelder.com me back. LOVE YOU!!!!

Love,
Hermana Pleshek

No comments:

Post a Comment