Thursday, April 15, 2010

13 Apr 2010

Sorry I'm emailing so late. It's just been a crazy hectic day! I truly wish that I could just go back and rewind it all. It went way too fast. We started off at the temple today and it was crazy. We had a 7 a.m. session and so I had to wake up at 5:30. Crazy, I know, but I didn't fall asleep and I learned so much today. I've been studying about the Creation in prep for the temple this week and I have learned SO much. It's been amazing. I've got it all written down in my journal and maybe I'll just photo copy it and send it to you because I don't have the time to write down everything I learned. My personal study this week has been so rewarding. I've been having so many insights that are so relevant to me and man, it's just been so great. I've been learning new things each day. Which, is how it's supposed to be. But, yeah, it's great! And the audio and video didn't work at all today in the temple, so it was narrated. And that was really interesting. I payed more attention to it than I ever have before. But I learned so much in that session today.

Let's see. Oh, so then Sister Garcia had her departing session with the Belnaps and I went on splits with Katie Jensen. She just got back from her mission to Korea about a transfer ago and is headed to Idaho for school on Friday. Her and her sister. But, she's amazing and I'm so glad that I just got to chill out at her house with her and write letters and just have fun. It's so awesome to be in a house. Like, we are ALWAYS at apartments and we LIVE in an apartment, so when I get a chance to be in a house, I never pass it up. I miss home.

And then we had a zone p-day and that was really fun. I got to play basketball with the elders again. Although it's really hard because I can't touch them and they can't touch me and so it's not as fun. Because it's not physical or anything. So, I'll just wait until after my mission to play with the elders in my zone.

Transfer calls are coming on Saturday and I'm really nervous. I know my companion is leaving, but I don't want to be doubled out of the area. I still feel like I've got so much more work to do here and that I have people I need to teach. But President Belnap is making a lot of changes so we don't get comfortable right before a new mission president. But still. I really hope that I don't get transferred. But we'll see. I'll go wherever the Lord needs me to go. It's part of the job.

It sounds like there's been a lot going on at home. Here, too. I just, we're teaching and we're busy and we're going, going, non stop. It's insane. And I really wish that I knew the language. Body language helps alot. Like, when we ran into some Cubans and they talk really fast and I didn't understand what the guy was saying to me, but I did understand when he kept telling me my eyes were pretty and when we left, he blew me a kiss. Yeah, I understood that. Oh well. I'm making progress with the language and saying more things and trying with all I can to understand. They just talk so fast.

Speaking of hair. My hair has gotten really long. It's beginning to bug me and I kind of want to cut it, but I'm scared. My trainer said that anytime she got her hair cut here, it was just demolished. And I'm really picky with my hair, so I don't want that. She said the best bet was just to let it grow out. So, we'll see how that goes. Because once my hair starts bugging, I always want to cut it.

Everything is going good here. I'm learning to build patience each day. And I'm learning all sorts of things. And I'm definitely finding out what qualities I can and cannot have in a future husband. Haha. For real, though. It's crazy.

Man, and one of my goals is to NOT gain 50 pounds while I'm on my mission. But I totally understand why it happens. Okay, so we had double dinner duty yesterday. We ate a dinner with an English family and a dinner with a member in the branch. Dang. I was one tiny bite away from puking. I came home and I did, actually. But it was terrible. I know why people gain so much weight. Double dinners! And because people ALWAYS want to feed us and shove food in our faces and then tell us they'll be offended if we don't eat it. Dang. But, I'm going to try not to. But I know the Lord will take care of me if I just do what He asks.

Well, I can't think of anything else to say really. Things are going good and the Lord continues to bless His children. I love you all and I pray for you every day!
Con mucho amor,
Hna. Pleshek

No comments:

Post a Comment