Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10 Aug 2010

Wow. I can't believe that it's been another week. It's come and gone so fast, I can't even wrap my mind around it. Well, so let's get down to business. I didn't get to write out your letter like I've been able to do the last couple weeks, so this one might be a considerable amount shorter. But, we'll see what I can do.

Even though it's a million and one degrees in Nauvoo, I still want to be there. It's the first time in a REALLY long time that I haven't been able to go and I'm sad. I miss it and the Spirit there. I can't believe that it's already been a year since I've gotten my mission call and gone through the temple. Well, almost a year. I don't remember the exact date, but I do remember that it was amazing and I sure have grown to love the temple so much. I was at a less active's house yesterday and we were sharing a lesson about the temple and how we have such a GREAT responsibility to do the work for these people and I was telling her about how special it is to get to do that. We were talking about the first time I went through and the tears just started going down my face. I'm a lot more emotional person on my mission. A lot more emotional about spiritual things and really, that's how it should be.

Let's see. ATF is all the time finding. When we're doing whatever we do, and we're looking for people to find and talk to, that's what ATF-ing is. There's all sorts of fun lingo in the mission and wow. It's amazing that I didn't know it before hand. Haha. Now it's just a second...well, third language to me.

So, this conference we had this week was AMAZING! I couldn't have asked for anything more awesome! I was spiritually drained, but I learned so much! I can't even go into every single detail about how great it was. But, I really did gain a huge appreciation for the companion I have. She's great and I knew that, but after seeing some of the other girl's companions and how much they struggle with them, I was so grateful that I have the companion I do. I love her and we have fun together.

While I was in the Tri-cities, I got to go back to my old area and that was AMAZING! But, at the same time, really sad. I just don't know what happened after I left. I found a ton of people I was teaching and some are doing really well, but some are struggling, too. And I just...wow. It really just broke my heart to see some of the things that have happened since I left. But, you know, it's not my area anymore and I just have to trust that the Lord will take care of everything. I just want to go back before I end my mission. That would be super fun! But, I just loved seeing all the people and they were so stoked to see me. It was awesome!

So, I accomplished one of my goals this week. Right before Elder Montoya left Vancouver to go back to Pasco, we were talking about Spanish. And he's from Mexico City. Obviously knows Spanish. So, we were talking in the car and he goes 'Sister Pleshek, you're always saying how your Spanish is bad. What are you going to do about it?' And it really took me off guard because I was trying and studying and just I was really trying to to better and then he just cut me down. And I told him I was trying. So, I made a goal to just get better. To do it all. And when I saw him this week, he came up to me and he just started talking to me in Spanish and we had a long conversation. And it was AWESOME! And he just looked at me and was absolutely amazed that my Spanish had improved that much. And, so I just felt really good and now I'm a lot more confident in my abilities. It's funny because I don't even know the difference between English and Spanish anymore. People can talk to me and I don't remember if we had that conversation in English or Spanish. It's second nature to me now and that's how it should be. But, I was so excited!

It sounds like things are going well at home. I'm glad that you're all enjoying your time in Nauvoo and all that jazz. I really miss you all, but I couldn't be more excited to be here in Vancouver serving my Heavenly Father. It's the best decision I ever made in my life and I'm just so thrilled that I'm here and get to watch people change! There's a man we're teaching and he's so awesome! He wants to change his life around. He came to church 2 weeks in a row now and came to a MEGA spiritual baptism on Saturday. I've got high hopes for him. He's absorbing everything like a sponge. We are truly blessed!

I love you! Sigue adelante!
Con amor,
Hna. Pleshek

No comments:

Post a Comment