Tuesday, April 26, 2011

26 Apr 2011 - Last Letter

Mom,

I can't believe that this is my last letter home. I don't know where this time has gone and what has all happened. This has been a crazy week and so much has happened.

I really can't begin to describe my feelings. I feel as though it's all surreal and that nothing is really changing...that I'm just being transferred and life as it is will continue on. I keep telling myself that I'm really going home and that this is going to end...but I don't believe it.

Saturday was awesome! I was on an exchange with Sister Stewart and we had a blast. I was up in Naches, and so it was fabulous. We had a great companionship study and everything went well. We got to see a lot of people and we did some street contacting. I even exposed her to a Mexican bakery and how you OYM a Spanish person. Haha. She was so great. And then we had dinner at my mail man's house...who lives in her ward. We swapped back that night and it was fantastic to just be there with Sisters Kendell, Stewart and Holmes.
Sunday, it was so great to be in church twice. I love doing that and I will miss being in church for 9 hours a day. The ward was fantastic! The choir sang and Bishop DeGooyer gave an awesome talk about how the Savior helps us when we feel our life is ending. It's so true though. And we ate dinner with a couple families in the branch. Sister Kendell got really sick and we went to a part member family's home. But we had a great lesson with them and the elders. It was just a great Easter. Sister Kendell and I also wore our dresses. [See attached pictures]

Monday, I swear our world almost collapsed on us. Heather was unhappy and so we went and tried to help her. She's so strong, it's ridiculous. She's got her foundation built upon the Savior and I know she's not moving. It's such a great feeling to know that. It stinks that I'll have to leave her...but she's leaving before me. She's headed down to Utah on the 28th, so I'll have to say goodbye to her on Wednesday. The Sister in Naches had a crisis. Sister Stewart is going home...actually today she flies home. Salt Lake thought it would be a good idea for her to go home because she's having health issues. But I'm sure she'll be back and kicking. She's an awesome missionary and is in good spirits. But her and Sister Holmes were a mess yesterday, so we took them some happy hour from Sonic. It felt good to do some service for them and help cheer them up. We slid down the banister at the Prests...also a picture attached of that. We made some movies of that as well, so I'll be happy to show you them next week. We also had a great exchange last night. We went to a less-active's house. She's recently divorced and living with her parents. Well, Troy, the 6 year old is SO smart! We were talking about families and he was telling us about how we're here to learn to be like Jesus. And as we were talking about that and how we learn from our families, he started to say something about how when we make good decisions, we'll live with Jesus. Then he goes 'But my dad is making bad decisions so he'll live with Satan.' Oh my gosh, Sister Kendell and I had to hold in our laughter. Oh my gosh! It was just ...I couldn't believe it. They were so embarrased, but it was fun. But he's so smart. The whole situation is sad, but I love that family with ALL my heart and soul!

I sent a few boxes home today. They should get there in a few days. You can just put them in my room. They're heavy and have my more precious things [books, etc.] and so I'll just deal with it when I get home! =)

I am so grateful for this time I've had to be a missionary. I KNOW that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. With every fiber of my being, I know that. I know God lives and loves us. He has sent us here for a purpose and is very aware of our lives. I know He makes us instruments in His hands, if we let Him. I know that we have a prophet. He speaks to God and receives that revelation for us. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and ushered in the great Restoration. I know the Book of Mormon is the world of God and the most correct of any books. It WILL bring us closer to our Savior. I am so grateful for my eternal family and I can't express the amount of love I have for my Savior. He lives and God's plan of happiness is for me individually as it is for us as a whole.

I love you! I can't say that enough. My heart breaks at the thought of leaving and not coming back. At not having this time to be a missionary. But I know that I have been blessed. I know that God loves us. And I know that He helps us in every aspect of our lives. I am so in debt to Him. I love my mission more than I can say.

Don't doubt that I am excited to see all of your faces on Tuesday. My heart rejoices at that. I am so ready to see you all again. Gall, I'm such a baby. Crying all the time. Ha. Anyways, enjoy this week. I love you all! I will see you soon.

Con amor,
Tu misionera.









No comments:

Post a Comment