Wednesday, April 6, 2011

5 Apr 2011

Things here have been fantastic!  It's been a week of miracles and I couldn't ask for anything better.  Sister Kendell was sick this past week and that kind of slowed things down, but it's amazing to see how the Lord compensates for what we lack.  We're expected to teach 20 lessons a week.  We were down on Thursday and I went out on Friday for a little bit with an exchange.  And yet, at the end of the week, we'd taught like 19 lessons.  I don't know how that happened, but it did and I'm grateful.
 
But like I said, it's just been a week of miracles, and they continue!  All the amazing things that God does for us...I can't even begin to say how grateful I am.  And I know that He answers prayers...even immediately.  And I know that He directs us through the Spirit.
 
I don't have a ton of time to say what I want.  It would surely take hours and hours to talk of all the miracles that have happened this week.  But, yesterday, there were sooo many miracles, I can't even tell you!  We started off studying and what not.  And I'd lost my CD case with the movies we carry around in it.  I had had it, but didn't know where I put it.  The last place I'd saw it was in the car in the back window.  So, I prayed and I just asked to find it...I'd already been looking for it for a week or so.  During lunch, I said another prayer right before I went out to search.  I opened up the car, all the doors, trunk, etc., and the first place I checked - the back window - there it was.  And I know it wasn't there previously because that was one of the places Sister Kendell and I had both check during the week.
 
All of our appointments cancelled and instead of being down about it, we were excited because we knew that we were supposed to do something else.  A member exchange came with us and we had decided to go see a less-active that had been living in our ward for 3 years, but no one knew.  So, we went over with the member, and the less active was so touched that we were there.  This member even knew her grandmother, who had passed on that this woman was really close to.  And on top of everything, she's having a baby in a few weeks and we offered the support of the ward and Relief Society.  It was amazing to see her countenance change and I know it wouldn't have happened, except that specific member was with us.  It's no coincidence that she couldn't do it that night and had to come with us in the afternoon.
 
Afterwards, we had a lesson with an eternigator - who is progressing now - and a different member who has been her fellowshipper since the beginning.  And as we talked about the Plan of Salvation and got to Adam and Eve, this lady basically attacked us and the Book of Mormon saying it didn't make sense - we had read out of 2 Nephi 2.  And the spirit of contention was there.  Well, my companion bears a strong testimony and the member we were with shared an amazing experience, that not only cleared things up for her about Adam and Eve, but also magnified the Spirit of God.  I know members are IMPORTANT!
 
There are other miracles that happened yesterday, but those are some of the big ones.  I know the Lord is directing His work always and that we are just His servants, trying to live up to the name that we carry on our chest.
 
Things have been going awesome.  I know I already said that, but it's just been great!  General Conference was FANTASTIC!  I can't say more than that.  There are no words!  I had all my questions answered and I feel like the whole conference was directed towards me.  It's amazing and such a testimony builder to me that WE HAVE LIVING PROPHETS!  I know that!  With all my heart and I cannot deny that.  There were some things that I was taught by the Spirit that I don't necessarily ... that I don't think I'm ready for, but I know that the Lord is preparing me in that aspect of my life. I know that He will support me in all that I do and help make me the person I need to be.
 
I'm so grateful to be a missionary.  As my time ticks on, I just want to find the pause button and stop it so I can live in this amazing time forever.  But I know and I'm at peace with what I've done yet this far.  But my work isn't done and there are still people that I need to see and teach.  And I know that.  By no means am I slowing down or cutting the race short.   
 
I love you all and I am so excited to hear from you each week!  I hope the snow goes away.  The weather in Yakima is beautiful and as you can see, the Mitchells have daffodil growing ALL OVER their yard!  I love it!  Someday, I want to be like the Mitchells!  =)
 
And also, you can see that Hna. Kendell and I are matchy matchy with our crimped hair and oh, I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE!  AND BEING A MISSIONARY!
 
You guys are THE best!  Keep on being amazing and listening to the Spirit!  He's the ultimate GPS.  =)
Con mucho amor de Washington,
Hna. Pleshek 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment