Thursday, March 18, 2010

17 Mar 2010

Sounds like everything with Elder and Sister Christofferson went really well. That's really cool. I'm sad I wasn't there to see it, but you know, I've had some pretty amazing experience with General Authorities, especially when I was in the MTC. So I can't complain too much. :-D Tom...that's such a Tom thing to do. That's really cool though. It really does make them more human when we see them on a normal basis. That's how it was in the MTC. We got to see those GA's and you know, the other auxiliaries in a different light than anyone else. And so it's really cool to see yeah, they're human and that they still get scared and all that jazz.
Looks like it's been a busy week. A lot of fun stuff going on. Normal stuff, and that's good.
Things here are going great. Hna Garcia and I are working our butts off. It's insane! We're starting this new program called Collect the Elect on Sunday. And it's a month program where we just work like dogs until we're absolutely burned out and yeah, we're super excited for it. We've been tracting a lot and it's been my first time, but it's super fun. I know everyone is like eww, tracting, but it's great! I love it. Hna. Garcia and I have a blast. It's definitely a change from Hna. Dunoskovic and it was so hard to let her leave. I can't even tell you how hard it was. But, the Lord sees the big picture and has a plan. And everything is going to be okay. I know that. It just sucks because Hna. Garcia is on her last transfer, so I have to say goodbye to another one of my companions. Gall. It's definitely going to be a test, that's for sure. But, the Lord knows and has a plan for all of us. I'm curious to see at what He's trying to do. Haha. See how much I can cry in 12 weeks? I don't know. Haha. But it's all good.
Oh man, I'm so excited to see where Lacy goes! And as far as Nick goes, when does he report? Some time in May, right? Man, that's nuts! That's not a long time. I can't believe that I've been out as long as I have. I hit my 4 month mark tomorrow. WHAT THE HECK? Where does the time go? I can't believe it. But I love every single day I spend out here in Washington! My Spanish is getting better every day and I'm astonished. It truly is a testimony to me that the Lord blesses His missionaries and that the gift of tongues is so real!

I'm going to miss the Barretts. They've been amazing. I'm going to miss the Belnaps, too. They leave in July as well and then we get President Greer. I think that's his name. But he's a lawyer, too. He's also from Arizona and so I'm really excited for all the change that's coming, but at the same it's crazy. I just...wow. A mission is full of change and sometimes I have to remind myself that I signed up for this and I knew this was going to happen. But it doesn't always make things easier. But sometimes it does. :-D
Other than adjusting to life with a new companion and all that jazz, it's pretty uneventful here. We're just doing what we're doing - finding people and teaching everyone about how great of a guy God is. We had Zone Conference yesterday, and that was fun. I love Zone Conference. And we get to learn so many awesome things! Yesterday, President Belnap was giving us advice for after our missions and the biggest thing he told us as sisters is that when we're interviewing our future husbands, always ask if they've been a full tithe payer. And he said, it's not about the tithing. It's about the act of faith it takes to pay tithing. So, I thought that was really cool.
Oh another quick question I had. So, I really need a new camera. And preferably one soon because I don't want to have my camera that's breaking for my whole mission. I've just been using my companions' cameras, but eventually I probably will need a new one. So, could I just get that now and have a new camera be my Christmas and birthday present? That would be awesome. You should probably let me know, so I can look for one or not. Or just start buying disposables. Haha. That'd be great.
Kay, I love you all. Thank you for everything! Keep being member missionaries, because without the members, the missionaries don't go succeed as well as we can.
Con mucho amor,
Hna. Pleshek

No comments:

Post a Comment