Tuesday, March 9, 2010

9 Mar 2010

Morning Mom.

Sounds like you've had the exciting week teaching Erin the ropes of the Fiber. Love that place. But I don't miss the boringness of it all. It's okay though, cause it's easy money and it doesn't take a whole lot of brain power to answer phones, push buttons, and talk to the guys. Haha. She'll love it. I did, I just hated getting up at the butt crack of dawn and going outside to the cold to drive there.

Erin told me about your guys' walk around the block. Man, I wish I could just get out there and go walking. But, we don't have that kind of time to just meander around and shoot the breeze. Especially with all the things we've got going on today and tomorrow. Yikes. But I'm glad it turned out good and wore Camille to the bone. I sure could use a 3 hour nap right now.

I'm sure Zobeck will go for the whole assistant track coach idea. He loves Erin and he knows that she can do it, so she might as well. It would be fun. I know I loved coaching and I'm sad I can't do it again. I really am. If the jobs still open when I get home, I'd love to do it again. That would be tight. So, we'll see when that time comes. But I'm sure it'll be a fun time. It's starting so soon. I can't believe it's already March!

Yeah, I'd heard that James joined the Navy. Well, good for him, if that's what he wants to do. And I honestly hope that everything works out for him and he finds what he's looking for.

Dang, I want to go see Elder Christofferson! If they don't go, I'll go kick them in the pants. I'm sure Alex will go though. He'd love that kind of stuff. Oh speaking of, what's he driving these days? The Urban Suburban?? Haha. Oh my gosh, I can't tell you how many of those I see out here. Same color and everything. It's super funny.

Ugh, people. I tell you what. It's really sad when inactives use every which reason they can think of to not go to church. I'm dealing with a lot of people like that out here. And it's unfortunate. It's not uncommon for me to see 16 year olds with babies. Yeah, it's crazy. One of our old investigators was pregnant. And she was 14!!! 8th grader! She's going to fail 8th grade because of it. She lost the baby and it's for the best. But people need to learn choice and consequence. They really do go together. I promise they do. It's a hard concept for people to learn. I know it's one thing that we try and teach our investigators.

About the Garmi. I'm going to need that ASAP. Wanna know why? Well, I'll tell you.

When I first got out here, they told me once I got the hang of things, they'd change them right away. I didn't know how true that was until this week. Hna. Dunoskovic and I have started completely from scratch. We dropped all of our investigators, kept only 2 of them, and have been getting new ones. Well, we had transfer calls on Saturday and guess what? My trainer is being transferred! What the heck? That's the last thing in the world that either of us thought was going to happen. I mean, I've only been out here for 6 weeks and a trainer stays with their greenie for 12 at least. So, it's just been...ugh. It's been a hard couple days since Saturday. If she wasn't crying on Saturday, I was. If I wasn't, she was. It's just been really emotional and I just can't begin to describe how much it hurts. I know that the Lord has an amazing thing for her to do in Vancouver, but still. I need her here with me. She's my 'mom' and I still feel like I have so much more to learn from her. But, He sees the eternal perspective, and at this point, I'm just thinking about myself. And I know I'm not here for myself, I'm here to serve other people. She's like my sister. She's my best friend out here. We've gotten so close, you would think she grew up with us. For real. We decided that if we would have gotten raised by each other's parents, we would have turned out exactly the same. Like, it's crazy, but at the same time, it was amazing. We work so well together and I just. Ugh. It's so hard for me. I'm not bitter. I'm really not. I was REALLY bitter on Saturday. But now it's just the point where I'm super sad and I feel like my heart is cracked into a million pieces. She's been there for me when I've been low and we've raised and relied on each other.

So, I'm getting a new companion and her name is Hna. Garcia. She's from Arizona and her parents are from Honduras. And she only has one transfer left. So I'm going to kill her and then I'll get a new companion again. 3 transfers - 3 new companions. But, since I am not confident in finding where I'm going and Hna. Garcia doesn't know this area since she's coming here from Vancouver, I'll need that when you can get it to me. Gracias!

Oh, another story for you this week.

We had a really scary experience the other night. We were leaving the Chandia's from dinner and we went to go teach, but our appointment cancelled on us. So, we went to go contact these people that we haven't seen yet. So, we drive over to their house and it's in a super sketch neighborhood. And it was at night. We have been meaning to contact this person for a really long time, but have had trouble contacting her. So, we go over there and get out of the car, and immediately, 2 drunks are like oh it's the Mormons. And they start saying all these rude things to us as we're getting our stuff together. Then another guy walks by, looking us up and down like we're meat. Umm, no thanks creep-o. But, so we walk over to this apartment and my companion knocks on the door and right after she does, I was just like, I don't feel good about this and she said she didn't either. Right as I was saying it, she was thinking it. We shouldn't have been there. So, even though we heard the people coming to the door, we immediately left their porch. And the whole time we were there - from when we got out of the car to walking back to the car, the karate moves Brother Chandia taught us were going through my head. My attacker stick was in my hand and I was ready to use it. We both got in the car and almost started crying because we know that the Lord was watching over us and protecting us. We shouldn't have been there at that time of night, but we went. And I'm just so glad that I'm a missionary because I know that if we wouldn't have left, things would have gotten really bad and turned out terrible.

Umm, let's see, what else. We're babysitting some cats right now. Yeah, cats. They're 1500 dollars a piece and they look like wild jungle cats. Cougars, leopards, etc. It's crazy! But, yeah. So we're staying in this huge house in Canyon Lakes - approved by President Belnap. And it's just been a nutso week. From getting transfer calls and trying to pack between here and there. Oh man. And we're trying to see everyone and their mother. It's just been non-stop days. We were up til 1 a.m. this morning, packing Hna Dunoskovic's stuff and when we finally got to sleep, some stupid cats started fighting for about 10 minutes. Ugh. And it was our downstairs neighbor's cats. And then it woke up their 2 dogs. So they started barking. And then our neighbor started yelling. Ugh. It was frustrating. And we were up earlier than normal because a recent convert wanted to take us out to breakfast. So, we've just been up and going and I know that tomorrow, since we have to be at the transfer sight at 7, will be just as crazy.

So that's been my week. And it's been nuts. But I know the Lord loves me and this whole transfer thing is just a trial and I'm going to have to overcome it. I'll see the positive and just be optimistic. Otherwise I'll be miserable and cry myself to sleep every night. You think I'm joking, but I'm serious. It's going to be really hard to say goodbye. But, we're blessed for what we do and the people over in Vancouver need MY companion more than I do.

I love you. I love this work. It's amazing. I'm so grateful I'm a missionary and that the Lord blesses me each and every day.
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Pleshek

No comments:

Post a Comment