Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

Man, this has been such a crazy day. It's a P-day on Christmas Eve, which is legit. Minus not being able to go to the temple, it's pretty low key. I've got my laundry done and I'm just writing emails, now. I wish I had more time than half an hour cause there's so much that I want to say and I feel like I'm always being pressed for time. Such is life here at the MTC. I always feel like there aren't enough hours in the day to get all my reading and PMG stuff done. Oh, P.S. did I mention that I'm attempting to read the Spanish Book of Mormon in 30 days? Another Elder in my district and I are doing it together, so it really helps that there's moral support for each of us.
This has been a super rough week for me. I've had to deal with so much crap, I don't even know where to begin. Last Friday I just had a terrible day. So I'm really good friends with Elder Huff right? Yeah, so we've had both of our teachers talk to us about how we need to keep our relationship appropriate. No big deal. Besides, he has a girlfriend and we're just friends. So our DL thinks he needs to get in on it and he talks to Huff and he's just like you both are going to get sent home because what you're doing is inappropriate and I'm over here going "What the heck are we doing that's so bad?" Yeah, so needless to say, E. Nilsson has got it out for me. Every time I talk to him I feel like a piece of crap and like I'm a bad missionary. Like I'm not worthy to be here. So it's a little stressful. So anyways, Nilsson thinks he needs to go talk to our Branch President about it and President Estes was talked to both Huff and I about how he knows we're here for the right reasons and so we're all good. But then my coordinating sister comes and talks to me more about it yesterday. Personally, I'm just done hearing about this. And how inappropriate the things we do are. I don't know how people can figure these things out when I ALWAYS have my companions with me and he always has his companion with him. UGH.
Anyways, the Lord blesses and he makes it all better. I'm glad to hear that everyone is feeling better.
And I'm just glad that I'm not there to get it. I've been blessed and haven't been sick since I've been here, so that's great. A cough here or there, but nothing that'll land me in quarantine. I'm glad Erin made it home okay. Sounds like she had quite the adventure home.
And that sucks about Lori. I would hate knowing that I'd for sure have breast cancer. Eeks. Man, it's pretty stressful. I can't even imagine.

Aww, poor Amy. She's so sweet. I hope that she's doing better now that she's been able to vent. I know how that is. I'm so glad that I have Hna. Pechin here for me. There's some days where she just keeps me from exploding. I can't even imagine the MTC without her. Even though she loves Obama and is totally a liberal, it's okay, because we have the gospel in common and that's what matters.
So I went to the bookstore and bought a tape recorder so I can send tapes home and then you can listen to my pretty voice. Haha. Even though they'll all probably be old stories and stuff you've already heard, it's just fun hearing it from a voice and not reading it over an email. So I'm halfway done with my first one and I'll be sending it along shortly.BAH!
Roland and Christi getting engaged. Yikes. That's all I have to say. I just...yikes. And that pageant. Wow. Ahh...wow.
You'll have to let me know what the balance in my account is because I lost my receipt from the other day when I used my debit card and so I'm not quite sure what the balance in it is...but it's okay because I'm not using it anyways. I've used it once since I've been here. I'm just not starting to get low on cash. And I've been here for over a month.

Man, so I got a letter from Aaron Allsop last week. It was awesome! I just about fell out of my chair when my DL handed me this huge envelope. Haha. It was great. And funny story. So Mike Stoehr told me to look for this guy from Hawaii that was going to my mission and speaking Spanish. So Elder Kakazu comes up to me the other day with a pass along card that says 'Sister Sammi Pleshek' and it's in Mike's handwriting. I just start laughing and he's like Do you know an Elder Stoehr? It was so funny. And Kakazu is like this 5 foot nothing little Hawaiian dude. He's just so funny. He was kind of shocked when I freaked out a little bit.

I did get your package and Clint's and I LOVED THEM BOTH!!! Made my day with all that MINT CANDY!!!! I did open up a few of the presents, but I saved some. Man, I'm definitely loving Grandma Kay's pajamas. They're nuts! :-D So Grandma Kay though. I love it.
Oh, when you give Erin her present tonight tell her I love her and I'm sorry I didn't get her card out before Christmas. But, I'm sure she'll love what I got her. Haha. It's interesting to read yours and Clare's and Erin's emails all in one day. I wish I had more time to write them, but I don't. I'll just write them letters tomorrow. Besides, they'll read this anyways.
Well, I love you all. The gospel is so correct and true and I love being a missionary! It's the best occupation I could ask for! I love learning new things and getting to know my Savior through his Atonement and all the other things that I'm studying. He's the reason for the season and I'm so lucky that I have this opportunity to be here in the MTC for this once in a lifetime opportunity. I miss you all and I miss being with you right now, but I owe this much to my Savior and Redeemer. After all He's done for me, this is the least I can do for him.Merry CHRISTmas!!!!
Love,
Hermana Pleshek
P.S. Dad, all the elders in my zone live in Addison Pratt! WOOT WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment