Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3, 2009

Dear Family,
This computer is not very good, so I'll probably send this one and then another one since it's got a lame keyboard. But anyways, I've just finished up my second week here and technically, it's my third week. WAHOO!!! This week has been crazy! It's gone by so fast and I can't believe it. WOW! So, things here are good. My Spanish is quickly getting better, and it's just a matter of practicing. Oh boy. But, it's good. I sent out letters today. Dad, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I've got a great birthday card for you that you will like. Haha. Well, it's not great, but you know what? It's okay. Well, the end of this email. I'll email again in a minute or two. Love you.

Alright, sorry about that. Stupid computers here in the laundry room. Well, its' been a pretty productive day here in my FIRST official p-day. Last week didn't count because we didn't really get to do anything good since it was Thanksgiving. Well, we did good things, but it wasn't a real p-day.

So here's a few things that I need. I need a couple more pairs of socks. Yeah, that would be great. And some face wash and a washcloth/baby towel or something. Because I totally forgot that. And, I don't know if I need anything else. Maybe some nylons. Ones that run. Not knee highs or tights. Nylons. Haha. Yes, I've learned the distinction. But tights would be okay too. And I am in the process of buying more skirts because I need more and some of them are just nuts. Anyways, it's all good.

So, I've had some more rifts with my companions this week. It's been so crazy. Apparently my comp H. Christensen went through almost the same thing that I did with Brett, which she's having a really hard time with it whereas mine comes and goes. But, basically we're all here because we didn't want to get married at the time.

I've got 4 Elders form my zone leaving on Monday and I'm sad. But we also got a bunch of new missionaries yesterday. Not in our zone, but just in general. It was hilarious thinking that was me two weeks ago. I don't even remember that at all. If it wasn't written down in my journal, then I wouldn't remember it at all. Oh so anyways, my comp H. Christensen needs to be taken in small doses!!! But, we're comps and we have to be by each other all the time. I MISS MY OWN SPACE. I think that's going to be the hardest thing for me.

Alright, now I can finally finish up this email. It's been a crazy day.
Okay first off, I need you to call Casey in my phone and get her address. Make sure it's Casey Love and not just Casey. Umm, that would be great.
Well, I'm glad to hear that things are going super great at home. This week has been crazy, like I said. Elder Holland came and gave us a devotional on Thanksgiving and it was GREAT!!! Sister Cheryl Lant came and gave our devotional on Tuesday and that was awesome, too. She compared us to the Strippling Warriors and that's pretty accurate considering there are 2,200+ of us here at the MTC right now. But she's such a good speaker. Both of them are. Sister Holland is so genuine. She got up to speak with tears rolling down her face and left with them, too. She's so cute.

We did a service project on Thanksgiving, too and that was a lot of fun. We colored picture books and put together some form of 24 kit/emergency kit, thing.
But, things are going good. I'm moving along with the language which helps. And I got two new skirts today which probably weren't the best idea, but they're great and I love them and they'll last me my whole mission. I had to send two of my other skirts in to be altered. And something exciting! I FINALLY GOT PICTURES!!! I got pictures printed off, so I'll send a few home before I send my memory card and the finished temple names we did today.

Oh yeah, we just got back from the temple and it was amazing! It was so cute to see my elders all in white. It was great!

Speaking of Elders...so I'm kind of irritated with the Elders in my zone right now because most of them think that I'm out here to get married and I'm like REALLY?! You honestly think if I was going to look for a husband I'd be here?! Where all the boys are off limits? I don't think so. But it's just kind of saddening for me because they think I flirt with everyone, when in reality, it's just me being nice and myself. I wouldn't under any circumstances flirt with any of the elders here. Most of them are younger than me and I see them as you know, my little cute elders. It's like how I see Cami. I just love them all and want to take care of them and make sure that nothing bad happens and do anything I can. But apparently, that's flirting. So, beesh.
Anyways, I don't really know what else I can talk about. Not a whole lot goes on here besides learning and stuff. It was a crazy p-day and I have dinner in about 7 minutes. Which is about what I have left of my time on here.

Ahh, my room is great. My laundry is good. I have one more garment top than bottom. The Spirit is great. I'm in the MTC choir, which is AMAZING!!!! I'm sick of the food, but it's all I've got, so I deal. Well, I only get sick of it when there's nothing that looks or sounds good to eat. Umm, I just got a new coordinating sister and I'm meeting with her tonight to do a little interview. I'm amazed at how many interviews I have each week. It's nuts.I give all these Elders here credit. Now that I know what kind of thing the MTC is, especially with those who are learning a foreign language, I give them HUGE credit. It's not an easy task to be here. Satan works hard and he's working on me and my companions. And I can't even imagine what it would be like, being 19. I know that I wouldn't have been able to handle it. Well, I could have if I would have had to, but I didn't. And I came here by choice. So I give full credit and I have respect for all the missionaries. Especially the ones that had a hard time on the mission.
Oh, P.S. dearelder.com printer is down right now at the MTC, so if anyone has sent me anything, I haven't gotten it. Man, I can't believe how nuts my day has been. Tell Tom that I love him and tell Cami she's a socko! And B too. He's so stinking cute, I just miss his cute chubby little face.
Oh, I don't have my patriarchal blessing, so send it please! And lots of pictures! Lots and lots!!! Well, I'm done here. I'm going to eat some good food and such. I love you all so much and THANK YOU for everything you do!!!
Love,
Hermana Pleshek

No comments:

Post a Comment